ACTING | DANCE | VOICE | MEDIA/TECH
OFF THE WALL PERFORMANCE ACADEMY
Off The Wall Theatre was founded by Bria Landry in Jan. 2017 under the watch of her mentor, M.A. Sterling (Managing Artistic Director @ Brazos Valley Troupe in Bryan-College Station, TX). Our first program was held at Hockley Community Center and we succefully produced our first show, Beauty Is A Beast and the theatre grew from there! Over the next 5 years the theatre would become a home-away-from-home to many young actors and actresses, ages 5-25, who have showcased over 80 performances, made appearances and held roles in commercials, PSA's and film, taken in hundreds of hours of instruction and created lots of unforgettable memories.
Our programs offer a well-rounded performing arts education for all of our students. Our students get an old-school foundation of performing arts along with new age technology and modern practices garnering many opportunities to customize their learning experience. While facilitating creativity, exploration, self-confidence, discipline, hard work and excellence, we are also preparing our students for future careers in not only the entertainment industry, but any field they decide to go into. Whether they are just looking to pick up new skills or are seriously interested in the entertainment industry, an education in the arts is priceless.
Our goal is for every student to meet and surpass the standards set for each child. With an all inclusive fusion of Arts (dance, theatre, singing, poetry, tech, art) & physical activity all centered around Christian values & beliefs, scholars will learn and grow with us at their own pace with a challenging curriculum. Each scholar will be assisted with making and achieving individual learning and personal goals throughout the year to ensure their continued growth and success. Your scholar will also be assessed for individual plans to recognize their skills and and goals according to the guidelines set by our staff.
READY TO REGISTER?
WHY PERFORMING ARTS?
Young people benefit from the arts in so many ways. It gives them many opportunities to solve conflicts and make sound decisions in a creative atmosphere from the safety of the classroom and stage. This translates into sharpened judgments on the outcome of their own lives. We will use the arts to improve social behavior and social skills, to improve academic performance, self awareness, creativity, teamwork, and confidence.
Sibling discounts available!
ASK ABOUT OUR SCHOLARSHIPS!
VISIT CLASSES FOR MORE DETAILS
- Increased Creativity. In today’s US society, technology is advancing and developing at lightning speed. Creative thinking skills are essential for innovation and keeping up with this ever changing industry. It teaches children to think outside the box and allows them the freedom to explore different designs and ideas that no one has thought about before.
- Improved Academic Performance. A report from the Americans For The Arts Foundation showed that students that took four years of arts and music classes while they were in high school scored an average of 92 points higher on their SATs than their counterparts who only had one year of art education. Just think if they would have started even earlier!
- Increased Motor Skills. Educators from Stratford School tell us that children who engage in creative arts and music classes from a young age are more likely to develop better hand-eye coordination, focus and fine motor skills which are essential for jobs that require a steady hand such as robotics and medicine.
- Higher Decision Making Skills. Allowing creativity and imagination to flow freely can lead to improving a child’s problem solving skills as they learn how to interpret information and voice their ideas and opinions in a creative, confident way.
- Better Visual Learning. The STEAM aspect of visual arts combined with scientific projects can help students reflect on their studies through creative drama, drawings or paintings. Not only does it make the project more fun and enjoyable for the student, but it can also encourage more focus, improve observation skills and can support problem solving skills. Manipulative visual arts such as sketching, photography, and origami have been reported to be effective for spatial intelligence, which is a crucial attribute of successful STEM professionals. Creative activities help students learn quicker and more effectively.
- Enhanced Learning Experience. Studying STEM subjects can be intense and daunting for students who are unfamiliar or disconnected from these subjects. Involving the arts into STEAM projects can help students understand science, technology, engineering and mathematics in a different way, increase engagement when they connect the artistic mediums that they enjoy to these projects and allow them to explore these subjects in a non-pressured environment.